Embry-Riddle’s Aerospace Engineering Program Named No. 1 in Nation for 16th Straight Year
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University continues its dominance in engineering and military education as reflected in the 2016 Best Colleges guidebook published by U.S. News & World Report. In the specialty category of “Best Undergraduate Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical Engineering Programs at Schools Whose Highest Degree is a Bachelor’s or Master’s,” Embry-Riddle’s Daytona Beach Campus is No. 1 for the 16th year in a row, and the Prescott Campus is No. 3 for the 13th year in a row.
In the broader category of “Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs at Schools Whose Highest Degree is a Bachelor’s or Master’s,” the Daytona Beach Campus tied at No. 8, its ninth time in the top 10, and the Prescott Campus tied at No. 15, its 10th time in the top 20.
Among “Best Regional Universities (South),” Embry-Riddle climbed to its highest rank ever, No. 9, landing in the top 13 for 11 years in a row.
In that same Southern regional category, Embry-Riddle received the following placements:
- Embry-Riddle ranks No. 4 in “Most Innovative Schools,” a category that highlights advances in curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology or facilities.
- The university is No. 8 in the category of “Best Colleges for Veterans,” recognizing schools that provide veterans and active-duty service members with benefits to make their college education more affordable.
“It is an honor for Embry-Riddle’s aerospace engineering programs to be identified for 16 years running as the best,” said university Interim President Dr. John R. Watret. “It is a well-deserved nod not only to the quality of the programs, but also to the unsurpassed quality of our current students, our graduates and our faculty.”
Embry-Riddle has garnered many other honors and rankings this year, including the following:
- U.S. News & World Report rated the university’s Worldwide Campus No. 4 in the category of “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans” and No. 5 for the second year in a row in “Best Online Undergraduate Degree Programs.”
- CareerBuilder named Embry-Riddle a “Top Company to Work For in Arizona.”
- The Chronicle of Higher Education named Embry-Riddle a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth straight year and listed the university as an Honor Roll school in seven categories.
- The Orlando Sentinel rated Embry-Riddle one of Central Florida’s “Top 100 Companies for Working Families” for the 11th year in a row, ranking the university No. 4 in its size category.
Highlights of the rankings of nearly 1,800 accredited four-year schools in the United States are posted at the US News website. The Best Colleges guidebook will appear on newsstands Sept. 29 and can be ordered at (800) 836-6397 or online.