As Covid-19 Cases Rise Nationally, Embry-Riddle Again Urges Flu Shots
Consistent with the rising trend in Covid-19 numbers nationally, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s latest weekly test results revealed an increase of 20 new cases on the Daytona Beach, Florida campus and six new cases on the Prescott, Arizona campus between Oct. 29 and Nov. 5.
With students, faculty and staff planning to travel home for the winter break, Embry-Riddle once again urged everyone to get a flu shot, wear masks and stay six feet apart from others.
While vaccination supplies last, flu shots will be available as follows:
- Daytona Beach Campus – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST in the Student Union as well as Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST in Health Services.
- Prescott Campus – Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST at the Wellness Tent.
Bring your university ID. No appointment is needed. Flu shots will not be offered on Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov. 11.
You can also visit your doctor for a flu shot. Or, look for incentives being offered by businesses such as Publix, which is currently offering $10 gift cards along with flu shots, or Walgreens, where you can pick up a $5.00 coupon.
“While getting a flu vaccine will not protect against Covid-19, there are many important benefits,” said Sandy Palmer, R.N., director of the Wellness Center on the Prescott Campus. “Flu vaccines have been shown to reduce the risk of flu illness, hospitalization and death. Getting a flu vaccine can also save healthcare resources for the care of patients with Covid-19.”
Latest Covid-19 Testing Results
Embry-Riddle’s latest results were captured Oct. 29 – Nov. 5. The following numbers are cumulative, gathered since our testing began on June 22:
DAYTONA BEACH CAMPUS (since June 22)
- 3,947 individuals tested by Embry-Riddle (screening & contact type)
- 1,764 individuals tested by Embry-Riddle (sentinel type)
- 111 cases confirmed positive by Embry-Riddle
- 39 other cases confirmed positive through external testing
- 1 previously confirmed case
Total Cases Confirmed to Date: 151
Total Cases Recovered/Cleared to Resume Activities: 108
Total Cases Active/Under Care: 43
NOTE: On the Daytona Beach Campus, 20 cases of Covid-19 were newly discovered this week. Embry-Riddle expects that 18 of the 43 cases currently under care will be released from isolation over the weekend.
PRESCOTT CAMPUS (since June 22)
- 2,030 individuals tested by Embry-Riddle (screening & contact type)
- 451 individuals tested by Embry-Riddle (sentinel type)
- 20 cases confirmed positive by Embry-Riddle
- 20 other cases confirmed positive through external testing
- 5 previously confirmed cases
Total Cases Confirmed to Date: 45
Total Cases Recovered/Cleared to Resume Activities: 39
Total Cases Active/Under Care: 6
NOTE: The numbers above are cumulative, compiled since June 22. Over the past week, six new cases of Covid-19 were detected on the Prescott Campus.
WORLDWIDE CAMPUS (since June 22)
- 0 case confirmed positive through external testing
- 1 case confirmed positive through external testing
- 3 previously confirmed cases
Total Cases Confirmed to Date: 4
Total Cases Recovered/Cleared to Resume Activities: 4
Total Cases Active/Under Care: 0
Only confirmed (not suspected) cases are reported. All confirmed cases are fully disclosed to the university community as well as all appropriate health authorities. Embry-Riddle’s Covid-19 test results are released every Friday. They are posted to our Latest Testing Results online site.
Visit Embry-Riddle’s Covid-19 page for further information about the university’s health precautions and safety requirements.