Co-Op Assistance Award
APPLY FOR A SUMMER 2023 CO-OP/INTERNSHIP A$$I$TANCE AWARD
Daytona Beach students can APPLY for a Career Services sponsored Co-op/Internship A$$istance Award ($100 up to $500) to help defray some expenses they may incur when they go on a Co-op or Internship experience during the summer semester. Money could be used for gasoline to travel to the industry site, for professional clothes to wear at work, to help pay rent, to pay for lodging if you non-rev to LAX or HNL, or even to “dine” at Hell’s Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory or even In-N-Out Burger.
Deadline to apply Friday, March 31, 2023
REMEMBER, YOU MUST Meet the University Co-op/Intern Policy for eligibility to earn ACADEMIC credit (credit hours/GPA) AND be a degree-seeking DB student in good standing AT the end of FALL 22 term
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BY THE DATE THE STUDENT SUBMITS THE APPLICATION TO APPLY,
(NOT AT THE END OF SPRING TERM)
- Be registered in Handshake with an approved resume uploaded
- Have met with their Career Services Program Manager for a Mandatory Advising Session
- Have signed a Student Agreement
- Be enrolled full-time in current (Spring 23) and past (Fall 22) semester
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION INCLUDE:
- ESSAY (one page max/double spaced) Address ALL of the following:
- "What is your story? Are there or have there been difficult times, situations or circumstances in life that have been or are challenging or hardships that you have had to overcome in order to continue/complete your education?"
- "How important have finances been in your pursuit to complete your education (jobs, scholarships, loans, financial aid, etc.)”?
- "If you are awarded co-op assistance, explain how this financial award ($100-$500) could benefit you.”
Submission of Resume, Transcript, and Essay due by:
FRIDAY, March 3l, 2023
You do not need to have an official offer from a company for an internship at the time you submit application documents (Resume, Transcript, Essay).However, you must upload a Resume in Handshake, have a Mandatory Advising Session, and sign a Student Agreement by the date you submit this application.
MONDAY, May 8, 2023
**Students must have accepted a position and completed a Co-op/Intern Contract with Career Services for registration by MONDAY, MAY 8, 2023. Students must be enrolled for academic credit for the work experience in order to be considered for one of the financial awards.**
Email documents to:
Sally.Richards@erau.edu. The subject should be Co-op Assist_Your Name_SUM23
A committee will select the Award recipients. Recipients may be awarded a Co-op/Internship A$$istance monetary award for Summer 2023 based on:
- Meeting the requirements/qualifications
- Candidate's essay, resume and transcript
- Having been selected by a company/organization for a Summer 2023 Co-op/Internship
- Completion of Co-op/Intern contract and registered for 6 academic credits for undergraduate students or 3 credits for graduate students.
- Exceptions: An undergrad student is registered for a 3 credit internship to fulfill a requirement in the curriculum or the employer only offers a 10 or 12 week summer program.
- This contract MUST be completed with Career Services by Monday, May 8, 2023 in order to be considered for a monetary award.
Several employers, alumni, Career Services Team members and Friends have made donations to the Co-op/Internship A$$istance Award Program in order for Career Services to offer some deserving students doing a Co-op or Internship a little extra money for expenses during the summer Co-op/Intern semester. Their generosity has helped to minimize selected students’ financial concerns, relieving a little bit of the financial burden and therefore allowing a student to get the maximum benefit from the practical work experience. The Co-op Assistance Award Program at Embry-Riddle Daytona Beach has been selected six years in a row for a $10,000 GRANT from GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE CORPORATION. Monies in the current Award Fund along with any Grants received from employers will be disbursed this summer. The Co-op A$$istance Award Program began in 2003 and will continue each summer semester, as long as funding is available. In Summer 2022, 12 students were awarded a total of $9700.